Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Adventures on the Minecraft Server 3

Ok, now I might be getting into some of the more...serious stuff here. It's not like the last story where I was mowing down attackers. No, I'm going to be talking about an ongoing battle which I have little hope to win. The thing is, this battle effects everyone on the server.

First off, you remember how I was demoted? Well, due to a recent demotion of another Admin (the Co-Owner actually was there, as was my friend and I), I was promoted back to Admin. Awesome! No more hours of enchanting books to use on my armor and swords (PS: If you PvP me, I have my "lesser" items on me, meaning I'm not using my best armor, so you might win)! And as always, I've tried to keep the server safe, enforcing the rules (No overuse of lang or caps, no advertising other servers without permission, no PvP logging, etc). And this is the major problem. For the past weeks, I have been clashing hard with other staff. Why? Because most of them feel like they can do whatever they want. Now, there are some exceptions (Bannx, you're fine, congrats on your promotion, Kayla, even though you're not on much, you do good work, Green, you try very hard), which actually means there's on particular staff member that has done things that others have been demoted for early on in the server. And I shall name him: Addy (Short version of minecraft name). Addy swears quite a bit, which really irks me, because he's a higher rank than me, and I can't do anything to enforce the rules that he is breaking. He set in a "Rap time" where he can swear within reason after 10 pm Mountain Time. I do not have much of a problem with that, except that he doesn't know the meaning of reason. He goes way overboard. Furthermore, a few days ago, he used the /kill command on Banndx, who was just a donor at that time. He lost a lot of his heavily enchanted items, and it was overall unfair and wrong. I reimbursed Banndxstudios, but that doesn't take away from the fact that Addy abuses his powers. Thinking about it, I can not remember one thing that Addy has done to try to keep this server clean. Now this is the big one for me, of course: he pushes me around constantly. He has this sort of warped idea that he's the ruler of everyone under him. He swears, because he knows he's not going to get punished (We'll get to that in a bit), he makes fun of me (about as much as Mainville, WHO GOT BANNED, BY THE WAY), and pretty much overall rejoices in his power. Now by this time you should be thinking, "why the heck is he still a head-admin?" I'll tell you why: The only thing that matters when staff is chosen is if the leaders think that you're fun. That's the solemn truth. Mrsosick, the co-owner, gladly punishes me for...I don't know, pointing out the obvious truth, while Addy can say whatever the heck he wants, despite my actual SCREENSHOTS of proof. Sosick does nothing, because he's Addy friend and that's all that matters when it comes to staff. You know what happened when I set up these accusations on the server? When I mockingly said that all you needed to do to become successful is swear and laugh with the higher-ups? I got banned for a day. All the while, Addy is laughing, swearing, and...pretty much being the prime example of a bully. Because they're not really looking for people to help the server. I'm one of the few ones to enforce the rules. Sure, some of the others do that, but the other half of the time they're laughing at the profanities that are being spewed. Why even have a chat rule at all? If the staff can ignore the rules, why should any of the normal players follow them? I don't want to seem like the goody-two-shoes, but I have been on the server long before any of the present staff (With the exception of Green and Mads). I have seen people who clearly can't handle their power get promoted above me. I'm fine with people getting promoted, as long as they don't abuse it. I don't want to be co-owner. I'm fine with being Admin. I don't want power. I want the staff to either stop looking the other way, or just make it an anarchy server, which pretty much means there's no reason for any staff. Heck, I even pointed out that the Co-owner swore, and I got punished for that. Why? I'm just doing my job, heck of a lot more than others are doing. And yet I have to be bullied and mocked nearly every day when I log on? And why do I keep going? Because I want to watch this server grow, and it will not grow as long as this abuse of power continues. Mads isn't innocent either. She looks the other way every single time Addy breaks a rule. She'll lay down the law on normal players, of course, but she'll just laugh whenever Addy makes a crude or offensive joke. Now the obvious question is: Where is the owner in all of this? He's been gone on personal stuff for a while, which is perfectly understandable, but he's been back for two days.
And nothing has changed. The guy who was demoted so I could become admin? He has a rank of his own. Ok, seems like nothing. Addy still kicks me around. Mrsosick still does little to defuse the situation (he belives that the best way to stop the arguing is demoting. Demoting me, anyway). I'm still admin, but heck with it, the biggest offender is a staff a higher rank than me. You know, if the rest of the staff is going to hold a philosophy of "might makes right", why shouldn't I do the same? I probably would get punished for it, despite the fact that the other staff are doing the same thing. This server isn't going to get bigger with staff like this. If there's a better person to take my spot, sure, give it to him/her. It'd hurt, but I'd understand. He/she'd probably get bullied too. All the other staff thinks I'm a boring stick in the mud, when their version of fun is pushing people around.

But I guess that's life, right? The leaders will do whatever they want, and the people who are trying to better their domain get knocked down. I guess I'll just have to get back up.

No comments:

Post a Comment